Monday, April 8, 2019

Application of what I drink in


Information and Communication Technology (ICT) includes computers, the Internet, and electronic delivery systems such as radios, televisions, and projectors among others, and is widely used in today’s education field. ICT tends to expand access to education. Through ICT, learning can occur anytime and anywhere. Online course materials, for example, can be accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.ICT helps teachers in preparation for teaching.ICT prepares teacher for the use of their skills in the real classroom situation and also make students for their future occupation and social life.I will be giving some insight on application of what I learned during my teaching practice.

I had speck of knowledge about ICT before striding in Paro college of Education (PCE).When I enter the door of grade nine, I opted for computer application instead of economics. I was taken through the names and function of sophisticated devices in front of me till the application of some software and programs lying inside that machine. I have soaked in some skills on how to use Microsoft Excel by creating grids of text, numbers and formulas specifying calculations. That’s extremely valuable for the businesses to record expenditures and income, plan budgets and so on. Now, I came to realize that the skill that I learnt is just a handful of sand and what I don’t know is a vast ocean.

After striding in PCE, I was once again enlightened on uses of Micro soft Excel during first year in Functional Informational Technology (FIT101) in depth. In this module, I was taught to create student progress card by entering formula and manipulating with functions that are already there in the software. I was amazed when an uncountable number of student’s progress card is being generated, after entering student’s marks, manipulating with some keys and function by that sophisticated machine in front of me. I thought for a while, “Wow!! I haven’t done wrong coming to this college, the workload of teacher is being reduced by ICT.” 




The skill that I learnt during first year on making students progress card prove to be a successful one when I reached teaching field for my teaching practice. I did my teaching practice at Changzamtog middle secondary school at Thimphu 55km away from PCE. I was given grade V to educate Science and Math subject. Since I taught maximum subject, I was given an opportunity to make student progress card. I was anxious and as soon as I walk in my room I rummage my cartoon box for FIT note book. With the help of some scribble in FIT note book, I could make student report card for 48 students. I also helped some teachers who are backward in ICT knowledge and enlightened them with the little knowledge I drank in from FIT.


7 comments:

  1. beautifully reflected the importance of ICT in the 12st century classroom.Great Work author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot about the importance of ICT in the 21st century and i agree with your points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoy reading your post as you share how you used ict knowledge that you have learned in college during your teaching practiced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was reflected beautifully and enjoyed reading. I could relate and reflect back on it after reading your reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well jotted your points on ICT where it helps teachers in preparation for teaching.i learnt lots of knowledge from your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma!your title takes me all the way through your reflection till the end. Among all I found your title is wonderful where it triggers the mind of readers. No regreat for my precious time to read your reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have explore beyond, what we have been taught in the class. Through your reflection I would see many ideas and information are noted in reflection. Great job.

    ReplyDelete