Discussion forum is one of the most essential tools for teacher and students especially in the digital world. Whereby, students can deepen their knowledge by asking doubts and responding to others questions. It gives platform for all the students to share their views on any topic or clear their doubts which have not been cleared in the class. Though it was meant for assessment purpose, I am enjoying this discussion forum because I get to ask as many questions as I want regarding the topic I m not clear of, and I am learning a lot from this forum by going through others question and responses.
I have no idea on discussion forum till I walk in this college. When my tutor informed us about discussion forum for the first time, I was like, “what the hell is discussion forum? How are we going to use it? What are we supposed to discuss?” lots of questions strike my brain. I really didn’t have any idea on discussion forum when I was at high school. At the beginning, I thought it will be difficult but as I get familiar and more used to it, I started enjoying this forum because I am able ask questions or clear my doubts which I could not do at the class, whereby my learning isn’t limited to the class. All I have to do is fiddle with some keys and I get lots of response from my friends and it enhanced my learning.
By using this forum, more students are able to participate in online forums than in large group classroom discussions. It provides the platform for students who do not participate during class discussions to become “vocal” during online discussion. Online interaction allows for further discussion of a topic. It also provides students with enough time to think and reflect on the course material and hence post more thought-out comments to the discussion forum. Students and instructors often think of comments or questions after the lecture and can post them and discuss these inquiries online. The online environment lets us easily create small discussion groups within a large class. The discussion forum is a convenient way to archive and preserve our course discussions.
Since the discussion forum benefits in many ways, it is imperative that an online forum provides a very conducive environment for both teacher and student in collaboration. With the introduction of discussion forum for students and lecturer interaction, communication among students and with lecturer became easier. Where students will be able to participate in the online discussion and contribute their opinion or doubt in any subject matter of their choice without being shy or afraid of making contributions to topics of discussion. So lastly, I must say that discussion forum is one of the effective tools for deepening our content knowledge by sharing thoughts and views online.

Beautifully analyzed and I found it very systematic. In the sense that the sequencing of the information is very good.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dawa for your words, your words is really helping me in coming up with my next reflection..
ReplyDeletenicely reflected author. got clear concept about the uses of discussion forum. i can say that through discussion forum we get lots of knowledge where we get opportunities to share our doubt and even we can express out feelings when somebody is asking questions. Well done.
ReplyDeleteIt reminded me of my use of VLE. And i found the use of VLE as a collaborative learning is more effective for all the learners and its very helpful too.
ReplyDeleteI came to realize the benefits of using VLE after going through your reflection though i used it for four years. It helped me to think on it. thanks for you.
ReplyDeletei enjoyed reading your post as it has deepen my knowledge. i learn the advantages of using forum for discussion which will be useful in future.
ReplyDeleteIt was worth reading for me and i have no regret in spending my time in reading your post because you have beautifully reflect.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your reflection I found that you feel the same way that I do about discussion forum. It is the onli platform where we can clarify our doubts and it is indeed a productive time that we had besides class hours. Worth reading it.
ReplyDeleteI would say that it's excellent reflection. The reasons behind is you have reflected all the important evidences and truth of the using vle forum.
ReplyDelete