Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Use of Information and Communication and Technology (ICT) during Developmental Educational Talk (DET talk)



On 25th March I gave a Development Educational Talk (DET) during English class on the topic ‘Anger management’. To give ten minutes talk on anger management, I have used  Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to come up with the presentation slide. In the process of preparing my presentation I browse internet using different browser like chrome, opera and Mozilla Firefox to get some information. To support my presentation I also looked for video on YouTube. Today I will be talking on how I used ICT in preparing my presentation and what I learned after preparing my presentation and doing presentation in the class using ICT.

During Tshechu holidays when everyone was enjoying and was excited, I was at home anxious about the DET talk. I was wandering on what topic I should give a talk on so I read few books. Even after reading a book I could not think of relevant topic. So I picked my laptop and watched some videos to refresh my mind. I watched couple of videos and finally I came across a video on anger by Sadhguru. Then I thought of giving a talk on anger management. The video isn’t enough for my presentation so I browse internet to get some information on anger management. There was tons of information on anger management where I had to see which information is more authentic and reliable. I ignored the information given on Wikipedia as my module tutor told me that, that site is not that reliable as everybody can write and post there. So I preferred other site. I even used browser (Google scholar) because using that browser you get information uploaded by learned and expert people and I get many research papers there. To get the specific information on my topic I used key words while searching as I was told by my module tutor of Functional Information Technology (FIT101) that to get the specific information, we have to use key words instead of long sentences. 

To make my presentation more interesting and lively, I thought of showing a video at the end of my presentation. So that, the video can sum up my presentation as well as students who learned best through audio and visual can understand better if they haven’t understand my verbal presentation. Keeping those in mind I looked for a video on anger management on YouTube. Where I get to see many videos on anger and I selected the one which is appropriate for my presentation. While selecting the video I looked for something that is interesting and that can be enjoyed by everyone with animation and perfect colour combination. By using the knowledge of hyperlink that I learned in FIT101I have hyperlinked the video with the presentation.

To prepare the presentation on anger management, I used Microsoft power point. With the help of ‘effective power point presentation’ uploaded by my Information Communication Technology (ICT419) module tutor, I could come up with pretty good presentation slides but I don’t know how others will feel about my presentation but from my side it is pretty good. My presentation consists of images and wordings with some animation. I have also kept in mind the font size and color combination to make my power point presentation effective. While creating this presentation I came to learn that power point presentation with images and animation makes an effective presentation.


Overall after preparing my presentation, the day came for me to stand in front of the class with my laptop projecting my presentation slide on the screen with the help of LCD. By using ICT my talk on anger management went well where I had key points and important messages flashed up for the audience on screen which is impossible without ICT. After presentation I came to realize how important and necessary the ICT is for student teacher like us.

I could not upload my presentation slide here but I have uploaded the video that I have used during my presentation.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth reading reflection with images which reveal the information in a visual form. I enjoyed reading this reflection. Looking forward to such reflection in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawa for going through my post. if there is anything that isn't clear or wrong, please let me know. Don't hesitate to point out if I am wrong, I won't mind if you could correct me..

      Delete
  3. Glad to know that you have used ICT in developing your DET talk using the required features to make your presentation interesting. i liked the video that you have shared on use of ICT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. worth reading reflection. i like the way you organized your thoughts using interesting pictures and images. Wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the way you share some of the real picture in your post as it is attract the read to read.the post was worth reading as there was personal reflection too

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautifully reflect by using your own image to show evident and keep the same spirit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reflection karma. The way you prove and support your points is absolutely amazing,through your beautiful picturs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can say that the success of your DET talk is solely depends on ICT where to gain the attention of the audience the talk and the design should be catchy. So you your reflection says credit of your success is all goes to ICT and I feel it important too. So it seems you have gained lots of experiences by using ict. Wonderfully reflected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the subject! And, I have a website where anonymous venting on any subject is possible.

    ReplyDelete